Aligning our CSI strategy with key priorities of the NDP
Tshikululu Social Investments recently hosted the National Planning Commission (NPC) as part of our monthly speaker forum. The theme for the forum was on aligning our CSI strategy with key priorities of the National Development Plan (NDP).
The NDP is a policy blueprint aimed at eliminating poverty and reducing inequality in South Africa by 2030. Among other things, it identifies the key constraints to faster growth and presents a roadmap to a more inclusive economy that will address the country's socio-economic imbalances.
The NPC’s Percy Moleke delivered the keynote address, in which she called for more collaboration between various sectors and government. She stressed that the key pillars of the NDP should serve as guidelines, and as a tool to measure impact and progress we are making towards achieving the NDP goals.
The pillars are:
- Mobilisation of all South Africans
- Active engagement of citizens in their own development
- Expansion of the economy and making growth inclusive
- Building of key capabilities (human, physical and institutional)
- Building a capable and developmental state
- Fostering of strong leadership