The greatest impediment to development is the shortage of skilled workers, particularly professionals in the fields of engineering and science, finance, project management and IT.
For clients wanting to address the shortage of skills by supporting students entering into higher education facilities, Tshikululu assists by offering a range of services that result in well-managed bursary programmes. These include:
- Conceptualisation of bursary programme strategy and policy;
- Marketing and communication of the programme to potential applicants;
- Independent selection of bursars;
- On-going mentorship and support of bursars;
- Measurement of the impact and the success of the programme; and
- In-depth, quarterly reporting on the bursars’ results.
These services are conducted either in-house, or through the management of qualified service providers, as appropriate.
Students looking for bursary opportunities are advised to visit the Bursary Programmes sector page in our Apply for Funding section.