Tshikululu applies its clients’ funding to support and strengthen South Africa’s education system, working in close partnership with NGOs, educational institutions, and national and provincial departments of education.
Supporting projects in all phases of the education continuum – ‘from foundation to further education’ – Tshikululu understands that promoting improved education outcomes requires targeted investment in teacher and learner training and development, capacity building, community development, and educational tools and infrastructure, especially in rural areas.
We understand that without adequate infrastructure, which is particularly lacking in rural areas, educating children is a challenging task. So, we have supported a number of infrastructure projects across the country, investing in schools, museums, science centres and universities.
The education sector advises on the following areas:
- Early childhood development;
- Maths, science and language programmes;
- Investment in rural schools’ infrastructure;
- School-level and tertiary bursaries;
- Whole-school development;
- School management and leadership;
- Teacher knowledge and continuing professional development; and
- Special needs schools